Earth Day Run
BLEND is proud to collaborate with the CentraCare Health Earth Day Run events to continue to promote health and wellness in our Central MN communities. Friday, April 21, 2017 marks the 10th annual BLEND Kids Health & Fitness Expo and the BLEND 1K Youth Run. Both events are held at St. Cloud State University’s Halenbeck Hall South Fieldhouse on Earth Day Run weekend April 21-22, 2017.
BLEND 1K Youth Fun Run
Friday, April 21, 2017 | 6PM – Kids 12 and under can participate in the 1K Youth Run. Each participant will receive a 2017 BLEND 1K commemorative t-shirt and medal. The BLEND 1K Youth Run is the annual kick-off event for the BLEND Fit Kids Club Series! Pre-registration is required for the 1K Youth Run – register here!
All Central MN Boys & Girls Club and KIDSTOP sites will be participating in an exclusive 1K and 2K Youth Fun Run at 4:30 p.m. Funding for 500 registrations is provided by North Risk Partners – Apollo Division and The Todd Steinke Memorial Fund.
BLEND Kids Health & Fitness Expo
Friday, April 21, 2017 from 2-7 p.m. – Halenbeck Hall South Fieldhouse. Packed with interactive and fun activities for all ages – kids and families can move from station to station to engage in fitness fun and learn about healthy behaviors. Here’s what we have planned for this year’s expo:
- Be Healthy From “Head to Toe”: Go through a real Healthy Checkout Lane from Coborn’s and then learn how to be healthy from “Head to Toe” with our local University of Minnesota SNAP-Educators.
- Complete Streets: Come learn the different pieces that make our St. Cloud area streets “Complete” where all types of transportation are considered (car, bike, pedestrian and those with disabilities). Kids can get fitted for bike helmets and navigate the bike lanes and sidewalks. Kids and adults can learn (finally!) how to navigate our roundabouts the right way! (City of St. Cloud, St. Cloud Parks and Rec, Bike MN and Project Brainsafe)
- Obstacle Course: The St. Cloud Area YMCA will challenge kids with exciting physical activity games.
- Take Care of the Earth, Take Care of Your Body: Educational pieces on earth-friendly and healthy living. (Stearns County Parks, SCSU Environmental Sciences)
- Metro Bus: Learn how to ride and use the Metro Bus system. Metro Bus is kicking off their Commuter Challenge on Friday, April 15th by asking people to sign a pledge and try smarter ways of getting to work, school or your favorite destination. Metro Bus is also offering “Free Ride Friday” on April 15th to make it easy to get to the CentraCare Health Earth Day Run Events.
- Education Stations: Join faculty from SCSU environmental services, as well as the St. Cloud Soil and Conservation District, in education stations that provide hands on learning to different topics regarding sustainability, taking care of the earth and more! Children will be able to gain a greater understanding of why it is important to be aware of energy and the importance of taking care of both the earth and themselves!
- BLEND Photo Booth – Visit the BLEND Photo Booth to let Central MN know you attended the CentraCare Health Earth Day Run Events! Photo’s will be uploaded to the BLEND Facebook page.
Volunteer with BLEND
If you, your family, or place of employment are interested in volunteering with BLEND for this year’s Earth Day Run – BLEND Kids Health and Fitness Expo, please fill out a volunteer application here – or contact us. All volunteers who work two or more hours will receive a BLEND t-shirt.
Photos courtesy of Carol Schroden