Swim in Lake George!Graniteman Triathlon events being held on June 23 and 24. The Graniteman races will take place at the newly rejuvenated Eastman Park which surrounds Lake George in downtown St. Cloud, MN. The GraniteKids Triathlon kicks off on Saturday evening (June 23) while the Graniteman Triathlon takes place on Sunday morning (June 24). (Read the St. Cloud Times article).
Ages 5-8• 200 yd swim in Lake George • 1.5 mile bike ride around the .75 mile bike path surrounding the lake. (2 laps) Helmets required!
• .5 mile run on a cobblestone running path finishing at the beautiful Lake George Park. (1 lap)
Ages 9 & Up• 200 yd swim in Lake George
• 3 mile bike ride around the .75 mile bike path surrounding the lake. (4 laps) Helmets required!
• 1 mile run on a .5 mile cobblestone running path finishing at the beautiful Lake George Park. (2 laps)
Graniteman Triathlon• 1/3 mile swim in Lake George
• 15 mile bike ride on rolling country roads. (All cyclists must observe MN traffic laws. Helmets are required) • 3.1 mile through St. Cloud
Registration closes today! This is your last chance to take part in the NEW Graniteman Triathlon and swim in Lake George! Register now!
Looking to volunteer? Event organizers are in need of volunteers for the Graniteman Triathlon on Sunday! Here is a general timeline for the event:
- 6:00 a.m. – Course volunteers arrive – coffee, rolls, smile (parking helpers begin parking control)
- 6:30 a.m. – Transition area opens and packet pick up and body marking begins
- 7:30 a.m. – Course volunteers report to their specified positions (volunteers will be emailed their spot and a training meeting time)
- 8:00 a.m. – Race Start
- 11 a.m.-12 p.m. Race completed followed by Award Ceremony, door prizes and cleanup.