Get Out and Enjoy Your Summer!
Summers in Minnesota come and go too fast, right? This summer is no exception…my goodness, it’s mid July already. Soon kids will be wrapping up their summer programming and getting ready for school. Don’t panic - if you haven’t done what you’ve wanted to do or planned something for this summer…there’s still time.
Finding something to do can be a daunting task. Again, don’t fret….in just a few minutes you can find lots of great ways to enjoy the rest of your summer in the Greater St. Cloud area. You can go online, listen to the radio, or read local newspapers and bulletins to find local happenings. No doubt you’ll find promotions for events, local town days and church festivals…and, let’s not forget about our fabulous MN resources which provide plenty of opportunities for fun in the sun.
Here’s are some local, healthy happening for you to consider…
- Spend a Wednesday night with your family, friends and neighbors at Lake George! The St. Cloud Rotary’s Summertime by George is a free concert and festival every Wednesday through August 29th.
- Challenge yourself and your family to a 5K race event. The Red River Run is part of the BLEND Fit Kids Club Series and a great race event (7/28/12),
- Get a taste for competition “Olympic-style” at the Anderson Trucking Family Field Days (8/11/12),
- Tour some of MN’s Community Gardens! August 11th is MN Community Garden Day 2012,
- Enjoy the outdoors with your family at the Take the Day OFF (Outdoor Family Fun) on the Mississippi event (8/11/12),
Places to Go:
- Explore the Quarry Park and Nature Preserve, or visit one of MN’s Natural Parks and Trails.
- Take a bike ride or stroll on the Lake Wobegon Trail,
- Stroll through beautiful Munsinger and Clemens Gardens,
- Waste a couple of hours at SummerLand Fun Park,
- Cool off at one of the areas wading pools and splash pads,
- Relax on one of MN beaches! Visit County websites for locations!
- Spend the day at the St. Cloud Skate Plaza,
- Attend a County Fair! Click here for fair dates and locations,
- Play some Disc Golf!
A great website to visit is Explore MN - look for “Things To Do” and “Where To Go” in Central MN and throughout the state. Also, contact local Community Service Organizations and see what events they have planned. And, go to the BLEND Calendar of Events for more race events!
Check out this video from the Stearns County, MN website! Who knew you could do all this at the Quarry Park and Nature Preserve? You can enjoy most of the fun during their upcoming event – Quarry Park and Nature Preserve Free Day on July 21, 2012!
Most of the suggestions listed above are affordable - they are either free or at low cost. Pack a picnic basket full of snacks and beverages — you’re sure to save some money and eat healthier. Don’t forget to involve your kids in the planning, too. (unless it’s a surprise, of course)!
Don’t let summer slip away without getting out and enjoying what MN has to offer. Step out of the box, break your routine, surprise your family and try something new. You won’t regret the fun you had, the memories you made, or the stories your kids can share at school!
Tell us what you like to do in MN?