Earth Day Run
BLEND is proud to collaborate with the Earth Day Run events to continue to promote health and wellness in our communities. Friday, April 18, 2014 marked the 7th Annual BLEND Kids Health & Fitness Expo and BLEND 1K Youth Run. Both events are held at the St. Cloud State University’s Halenbeck Hall Field House on Earth Day weekend.
BLEND 1K Youth Run
Friday, April 18, 2014 6PM – Kids 12 and under can participate in the 1K Youth Run. Each participant received a 2014 BLEND 1K commemorative t-shirt and medal. The BLEND 1K Youth Run is the kick-off event for the BLEND Fit Kids Club Series! Pre-registration is required.
BLEND Kids Health and Fitness Expo
Friday, April 18, 2014 from 2-7 p.m. - Halenbeck Hall Field House. Packed with interactive, engaging, and fun activities for all ages – kids and families can move from station to station to learn easy ways to be healthy and active. From a 50′ obstacle course to food sampling, BLEND promises a great time for the entire family. Print flyer.
- YMCA – Family Fitness Activities
- North Crest Gymnastics and Dance - Inflatable Obstacle Course and Bounce n’ Slide
- District #742 – St. Cloud School District PE Teachers Paul Bates and Deb Johanson – Tennis and Pool Noodle Activities.
- Dance Party – Move to music with local instructors from Midtown Fitness, Granite City Crossfit, St Cloud School of Dance, and CentraCare Health.
- AirMaxx Trampoline Park - Trampoline Launch Pad
- Nutrition Zone - Sponsored by Coborn’s Inc., BLEND will provide a healthy food sample. BLEND promotes NuVal®, the Nutritional Scoring System found at all Coborn’s grocery stores, to encourage families to “trade-up” for better nutrition.
- BLEND Photo Booth - Photo’s will be posted on the BLEND Facebook page.
2014 Earth Day Run – BLEND Events Photos!
Photos courtesy of Bailey Hollencamp
Volunteer with BLEND
BLEND is looking for volunteers to help with Earth Day Run events. If you, your family, or place of employment are interested in volunteering with BLEND for next year’s Earth Day Run – BLEND Kids Health and Fitness Expo, please fill out a volunteer application here! All volunteers who work two or more hours will receive a BLEND t-shirt.