Earth Day Run
BLEND is proud to collaborate with the Earth Day Run events to continue to promote health and wellness in our communities. Friday, April 17, 2015 marks the 8th annual BLEND Kids Health & Fitness Expo and BLEND 1K Youth Run. Both events are held at the St. Cloud State University’s Halenbeck Hall South Fieldhouse on Earth Day Run weekend.
BLEND 1K Youth Run
Friday, April 17, 2015 6PM – Kids 12 and under can participate in the 1K Youth Run. Each participant will receive a 2015 BLEND 1K commemorative t-shirt and medal. The BLEND 1K Youth Run is the annual kick-off event for the BLEND Fit Kids Club Series! Pre-registration is required.
BLEND Kids Health and Fitness Expo
Friday, April 17, 2015 from 2-7 p.m. – Halenbeck Hall South Fieldhouse. Packed with interactive and fun activities for all ages – kids and families can move from station to station to engage in fitness. From a dance party to inflatables, BLEND promises a great time for the entire family. View and print flyer!
- YMCA – Family Fitness Activities
- District #742 – St. Cloud School District PE Teachers Paul Bates and Deb Johanson – Tennis activities.
- Dance Party – Move to music with local instructors from Midtown Fitness.
- AirMaxx Trampoline Park – Trampoline Launch Pad
- Nutrition Zone – Sponsored by Coborn’s Inc., BLEND will provide a healthy beverage and snack sample. BLEND promotes NuVal®, the Nutritional Scoring System found at all Coborn’s grocery stores, to encourage families to “trade-up” for better nutrition.
- Interactive Nutrition – supported by U of M Extension Nutrition Educators
- Inflatables – Geyer Rental
- BLEND Photo Booth – Photo’s will be posted on the BLEND Facebook page.
Photos from 2015!
Photos courtesy of Carol Schroden
Volunteer with BLEND
BLEND is looking for volunteers to help with Earth Day Run events. All volunteers who work two or more hours will receive a BLEND t-shirt. If you, your family, or place of employment are interested in volunteering with BLEND for next year’s Earth Day Run – BLEND Kids Health and Fitness Expo, please fill out a volunteer application here – or contact .(Edit)