Earth Day Run
BLEND is proud to collaborate with the CentraCare Health Earth Day Run events to continue to promote health and wellness in our Central MN communities. Friday, April 15, 2016 marks the 9th annual BLEND Kids Health & Fitness Expo and the BLEND 1K Youth Fun Run. Both events are held at the St. Cloud State University’s Halenbeck Hall South Fieldhouse on Earth Day Run weekend April 15-16, 2016.
BLEND 1K Youth Fun Run
Friday, April 15, 2016 | 6PM – Kids 12 and under can participate in the 1K Youth Fun Run. Each participant will receive a 2016 BLEND 1K commemorative t-shirt and medal. The BLEND 1K Youth Fun Run is the annual kick-off event for the BLEND Fit Kids Club Series! Pre-registration is required for the 1K Youth Fun Run – register here!
All Central MN Boys & Girls Club and KIDSTOP sites will be participating in an exclusive 1K and 2K Fun Run at 4:30 p.m. Funding for 500 registrations is provided by North Risk Partners – Apollo Division and The Todd Steinke Memorial Fund.
BLEND Kids Health & Fitness Expo
Friday, April 15, 2016 from 2-7 p.m. – Halenbeck Hall South Fieldhouse. Packed with interactive and fun activities for all ages – kids and families can move from station to station to engage in fitness fun and learn about healthy behaviors. Here’s what we have planned for this year’s expo:
- “Checkout Nutrition”: Go through a real Healthy Checkout Lane from Coborn’s and sample healthy snacks!
- SNAP into Health: Learn how to be healthy from “Head to Toe” with our local University of MN SNAP-Educators.
- Stay Safe: Learn how to walk and bike safely in your community with our mock Complete Streets that include bike lanes, sidewalks, roundabouts, and proper helmet fittings. Support provided by the City of St. Cloud, St. Cloud Parks and Recreation, Bike MN and Project Brainsafe.
- Obstacle Course: The St. Cloud Area YMCA will challenge kids with exciting physical activity games.
- Take Care of the Earth, Take Care of Your Body: Education on earth-friendly and healthy living provided by Stearns County Soil and Conservation District and SCSU Environmental Sciences.
- Metro Bus: Learn how to ride and use the Metro Bus system. Metro Bus is kicking off their Commuter Challenge on Friday, April 15th by asking people to sign a pledge and try smarter ways of getting to work, school or your favorite destination. Metro Bus is also offering “Free Ride Friday” on April 15th to make it easy to get to the CentraCare Health Earth Day Run Events.
- BLEND Photo Booth – Visit the BLEND Photo Booth to let Central MN know you attended the CentraCare Health Earth Day Run Events! Photo’s will be uploaded to the BLEND Facebook page.
Volunteer with BLEND
If you, your family, or place of employment are interested in volunteering with BLEND for this year’s Earth Day Run – BLEND Kids Health and Fitness Expo, please fill out a volunteer application here – or contact us. All volunteers who work two or more hours will receive a BLEND t-shirt.
Photos from 2016 coming soon!
Photos courtesy of Carol Schroden